JetSetSarah.com and the JetSetSarah social media feeds are intended to inspire you to travel to the Caribbean (and beyond!), exploring the local culture, engaging with local people, and shopping from local artisans as you go.
I’m a freelance travel journalist, and am frequently hosted by resorts and/or destinations. That means that they may cover the cost of my airfare, hotel, meals and activities while I’m on the ground. While these trips are offered to me at little or no expense, I am not paid by my hosts for coverage. As a freelance journalist, I am paid only by the outlets (websites, magazines) to which I sell stories that result from these trips.
Occasionally I may be asked to review a product or experience for JetSetSarah.com, and may receive complimentary product, payment and/or other considerations in return. Those posts are explicitly disclosed as sponsored posts and can be found under the Sponsored Posts tab. These posts are my honest opinion, and if I recommend something here, I mean it!
I’m not an affiliate of any websites yet but I may be in the future. If and when I do become an affiliate, I will disclose my affiliate relationships here. Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I take your privacy and your personal information seriously. What information do I collect? I collect information from you when you subscribe to my email list.
When commenting on this site (I use Squarespace), as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name or e-mail address. You may, however, visit this site anonymously.
What do I use your information for? Any of the information I collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To improve this website (I continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
• To send emails
The email address is only used to provide you content via MailChimp. I never sell emails or allow other companies to access them. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, I include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do I protect your information? I implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Cookies help me to compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so I can offer a better site experiences to my readers. In the future I may contract third-party service providers to help with this task but these service providers will not be not permitted to use the information collected on my behalf except to help me conduct business and improve my site.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who help me to run my website, who must agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when it’s necessary to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or to protect my or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third-Party Links: Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third party products or services on the website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of the site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: Because I value your privacy I have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. I therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance: In compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), I do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. This website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on July 10, 2018.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.contractology.com.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
You must be at least 13 years of age to use this website. By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions] you warrant and represent that you are at least 13 years of age.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, JetSetSarah and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
• republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
• sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
• show any material from the website in public;
• reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
• edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
• redistribute material from this website
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without JetSetSarah’s express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without JetSetSarah’s express written consent.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. JetSetSarah makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, JetSetSarah does not warrant that:
this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
JetSetSarah will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if JetSetSarah has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit JetSetSarah’s liability in respect of any:
death or personal injury caused by JetSetSarah’s negligence;
fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of JetSetSarah; or
matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for JetSetSarah to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against JetSetSarah in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect JetSetSarah, and any employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify JetSetSarah and undertake to keep JetSetSarah indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by JetSetSarah to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of JetSetSarah’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by JetSetSarah arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to JetSetSarah’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, JetSetSarah may take such action JetSetSarah deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
JetSetSarah may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
JetSetSarah.com may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with JetSetSarah’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and JetSetSarah.com in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with governing law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the [non-]exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Florida.
You can contact JetSetSarah by email to email@example.com
Official JetSetSarah Giveaway Rules
There is no purchase required to enter or win JSS giveaways.
1. ELIGIBILITY: JSS Giveaways (the “Giveaways”) are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of JSS, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Giveaways, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Giveaways (collectively “Giveaway Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local and Canadian federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Giveaways are sponsored by JetSetSarah.com or other specified company (“Sponsor”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The start and end dates/times of each Giveaway (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable Giveaway.
5. ENTRY: To enter a Giveaway, follow the instructions on the Giveaway. Submission will result in one (1) entry. You may only enter a Giveaway once. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. DRAWING: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, JSS will select the name(s) of the potential winner(s) in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period (unless otherwise specified in the Giveaway). The number of winners to be selected in a specific Giveaway will be posted on the applicable Giveaway site. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household per Giveaway.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZE(S): The prize(s) available to be won in a specific Giveaway will be posted on the Giveaway site. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. GIVEAWAY RESULTS: To request the name of the winners, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received within fifteen (15) days from the end date of the applicable Giveaway.